||Shading and Blending with SoftyFlo Colors.
1. Pick out 2 or 3 shades for blending/shading.
2. Select a dark, medium and light shade for blending. They can, but do not have to be, colors of the same shade. Example 3 pinks.
Blending and Shading Tips.
Apply the darkest color first, then the middle shade, and finally the lightest of the 3 colors. As a rule, always remember that the area of your design which receives the MOST light will be painted with the lightest color in your selection.
How to Shade with SoftlyFlo Paint.
1. Paint only a very small section at a time.
2. Apply darkest color using short line strokes to the dark shaded area of your design. If there is no shading apply the dark paint to the area that will receive the least sunlight. Example: underside or overlapped sections. Apply only a small amount of the dark color.
3. While the darkest color is still wet, apply a small amount of the middle shade. This color should overlap at least 50% of the darker color. Blend where the 2 colors meet using a stylus or shading tool.
4. Finish by adding the lightest of the 3 colors. The light color should overlap 50% of the middle color. Make sure you blend the 2 colors together where they meet using a shading tool or stylus.
(See photograph #4 to the left.)
For best results for blending and shading, always use Stylus or Shading Tool.